Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User rocketfuel91's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Durham, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    rocketfuel91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rocketfuel91 is offline

    Body dysmorphic looking for advice

    Working out for 10 weeks - increase strength but I don’t know if my body has changed. I have before and after photos - not sure how to post these here? Wondered if someone could have a look and let me know if they see any differences?

    If not - I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

    Following the advice of a nutritionist and I have a much better relationship with food. Feel like I might be leaner, but I can’t seem to drop the fat and looking at my first picture to now, I don’t know if I see any difference at all but surely that can’t be true!
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Haligtree faithbrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 3,077
    Rep Power: 36351
    faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    faithbrah is offline
    if your strength is increasing but your weight isn't moving, it's still a good sign. then again, you didn't mention if you lost or gained weight at all
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 54,293
    Rep Power: 1337520
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    Upload the photos to your bodyspace.

    10 weeks is not that long and it can be hard to see progress when you've gained a little muscle and lost a little fat. Our bodyfat percentage can change quite a lot and we still look quite similar. If your weight is not dropping, this slow process of muscle gain and fat loss will be very slow. Sometimes it is better if you allow your weight to drop - it depends on whether you need fat loss or muscle gain as a priority. Pictures might help with that.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    No Excuses TheHaws's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2019
    Posts: 642
    Rep Power: 8870
    TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TheHaws is offline
    Remember that your biggest critic will always be yourself. That being said, to echo everyone else, you have not been at it very long and this is a process that will generally increase overtime based on your consistency. Keep taking progress photos, measurements and track what you eat, while not being excessively restrictive. The goal is to meet your macro goals while still enjoying what you eat so it can be sustainable.

    One of the biggest pieces of advice is to be kind to yourself. Part of that is keeping the promises you make to yourself to be consistent, but also not being too critical. I struggled with body image even when I was lower than the average male bodyfat. Those are issues to work out with a professional and not let it interfere with your plan/progression.
    <Overly Friendly Canadian Crew>
    Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75. - Benjamin Franklin
    Obese to Fit Transformation Of Peace: https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showthread.php?t=177444201
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User rocketfuel91's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Durham, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    rocketfuel91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rocketfuel91 is offline
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    if your strength is increasing but your weight isn't moving, it's still a good sign. then again, you didn't mention if you lost or gained weight at all
    So I started out at 140, went up to 144 and now I’m at 142. I had previously been eating really low cals - less than 1k a day and doing a lot of cardio. Wondering if my metabolism is shot and starting to improve.
    I do notice after a cheat meal that the scale doesn’t go up half as much as it used to.
    In some pictures I can see my legs and glutes have grown, but in this before and after shot it all looks the same.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User rocketfuel91's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Durham, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    rocketfuel91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rocketfuel91 is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Upload the photos to your bodyspace.

    10 weeks is not that long and it can be hard to see progress when you've gained a little muscle and lost a little fat. Our bodyfat percentage can change quite a lot and we still look quite similar. If your weight is not dropping, this slow process of muscle gain and fat loss will be very slow. Sometimes it is better if you allow your weight to drop - it depends on whether you need fat loss or muscle gain as a priority. Pictures might help with that.
    Thank you for this. I’ve just uploaded them.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User rocketfuel91's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Durham, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    rocketfuel91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rocketfuel91 is offline
    Originally Posted by TheHaws View Post
    Remember that your biggest critic will always be yourself. That being said, to echo everyone else, you have not been at it very long and this is a process that will generally increase overtime based on your consistency. Keep taking progress photos, measurements and track what you eat, while not being excessively restrictive. The goal is to meet your macro goals while still enjoying what you eat so it can be sustainable.

    One of the biggest pieces of advice is to be kind to yourself. Part of that is keeping the promises you make to yourself to be consistent, but also not being too critical. I struggled with body image even when I was lower than the average male bodyfat. Those are issues to work out with a professional and not let it interfere with your plan/progression.
    Thank you so much. This was really helpful and compassionate. You’re very right. I am working with a professional to fix those issues too :-)
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    NASM-CPT xsquid99's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Location: Stanwood, Washington, United States
    Posts: 5,099
    Rep Power: 40653
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    xsquid99 is offline
    Originally Posted by rocketfuel91 View Post
    So I started out at 140, went up to 144 and now I’m at 142. I had previously been eating really low cals - less than 1k a day and doing a lot of cardio. Wondering if my metabolism is shot and starting to improve.
    I do notice after a cheat meal that the scale doesn’t go up half as much as it used to.
    In some pictures I can see my legs and glutes have grown, but in this before and after shot it all looks the same.
    With only a 2 pound net difference you're probably not going to notice any changes after just 10 weeks.

    If you're able to function, workout, eat, and poop then your metabolism is fine.

    Eliminate the term "cheat meal" from your vocabulary. Its just food, make everything fit into your weekly overall calorie goals and its not "cheating".
    IG: @ironhousetraining

    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

    Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User Pterodactyl314's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2015
    Posts: 10,053
    Rep Power: 91299
    Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Pterodactyl314 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Pterodactyl314 is offline
    There’s a poster at my gym that says something to the effect of in 3 months you’ll feel a difference, in 6 people will notice a difference, in a year you’ll notice a difference. Keep at it, it’s a long term game.
    See Krackerjacked‘s sig
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User gx1450beastmode's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
    Age: 31
    Posts: 54
    Rep Power: 153
    gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gx1450beastmode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gx1450beastmode is offline

    Post What I notice

    Small changes to legs mainly—looking leaner—as everyone has said, definitely a long term process.

    This being said, if you want to see some awesome strength gains, I would recommend Reverse Pyramid training. It really changed my life. I went from barely being able to get strength gains to flying through the roof.

    Reverse Pyramid is where you shoot for lower starting reps on your first set (e.g. 6 reps), then you move down 20% in weight for your second set while increasing your reps for that set. Repeat for 3rd set, and if you’re feeling hot, go for the 4th set (not required).

    Example:
    Workout—Deadlift
    Starting Set—6 reps at 450 lbs.
    2nd Set—8 reps at 360 lbs.
    3rd Set—10 reps at 290 lbs.
    (4th Set—Optional—12 reps at 230 lbs.)

    Math doesn’t have to be exact, just do what’s quick on your plate swaps (if you’re always on a time crunch like I am).

    Last thing to keep in mind: keep very close track of your Starting Set weight for this method. You want to be pushing yourself to hit your 6 rep max on the first set, but it’s obviously something you have to be careful with (not to injure yourself—as that would set you back more than just playing it safe). Don’t get “comfortable” with your starting set weight, but don’t be uncomfortable doing it either.

    Might take a couple weeks to find the right level for you, but this program SERIOUSLY gave me everything I was looking for—losing fat, gaining muscle, gaining strength, improving physique—all obviously in conjunction with pretty strict diet management.
    Limits are meant to be broken. Always Break them. Never give up. SACRIFICE, SACRIFICE, SACRIFICE. Stay strong. Step out of your comfort zone. Set new limits. Repeat.
    May 26th, 2013 (268lbs):
    Bench: 6RepMax@205lbs.
    Deadlift: 8RepMax@320lbs.
    Barbell Curl: 8RepMax@95lbs.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User WolfWhisperer's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    WolfWhisperer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WolfWhisperer is offline
    Originally Posted by rocketfuel91 View Post
    Working out for 10 weeks - increase strength but I don’t know if my body has changed. I have before and after photos - not sure how to post these here? Wondered if someone could have a look and let me know if they see any differences?

    If not - I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

    Following the advice of a nutritionist and I have a much better relationship with food. Feel like I might be leaner, but I can’t seem to drop the fat and looking at my first picture to now, I don’t know if I see any difference at all but surely that can’t be true!
    Just keep at it and keep trying to do a little better everyday. As long as your strength is increasing you are making progress. The more muscle you gain the easier it will be for you to lose weight over time. You already look pretty damn good, so if you keep at it you will be a smoke show in no time! Motivation is key
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
www.000webhost.com