Reply
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User rwolfe88's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2016
    Age: 33
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    rwolfe88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rwolfe88 is offline

    Question Lose weight while at work all the time ? looking for ideas

    I wok a full time job normally 6 days a week 12 hour days. Regular day consists of waking up 4 getting ready take the dog out and leave to go to work. I start work at 6am im a machine operator moving around from different machines all day. During the day i get 3 -15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. The work day ends at 630 so i leave work get home around 710 - 720 depending on traffic. I eat dinner and spend some time with the wife and 2 kids before i get a shower and go to bed around 930.

    The gyms normally are not open in that early in the morning and to try to workout in the evening i would lose spending time with the family. I see there are workout plans that can been achieved at home. Im looking for ideas on different routes to take. Such as getting something like a bowflex --a tread mill --free weights-- follow a workout plan from hear and knock a workout out in the morning before i go to work or should i try something like p90x

    Looking for ideas? I want to be in better shape not only for me but for my family. I want change and im willing to make it happen looking for ways other people in similar situations have went about this. For reference im 6'3" and 260 looking to get rid of the dad bod
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Conquer faithbrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 2,623
    Rep Power: 28712
    faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    faithbrah is online now
    do some resistance training if you want to see the good kind of weight loss (fat loss). if you decide not to, you'll essentially just become a smaller version of yourself without looking "good"

    also, caloric deficit. you need to make sure you're not eating too much, so you may want to start counting calories. pick a number - say 2600 - then eat that amount for two weeks while weighing yourself every morning. see what happens to your weight and adjust as necessary
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User Darkius's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Age: 37
    Posts: 1,572
    Rep Power: 2449
    Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000) Darkius is just really nice. (+1000)
    Darkius is online now
    All I know about work is vending machines are evil. Nothing but cookies.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Age: 69
    Posts: 18,890
    Rep Power: 93750
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Tommy W. is offline
    Originally Posted by rwolfe88 View Post
    I wok a full time job normally 6 days a week 12 hour days. Regular day consists of waking up 4 getting ready take the dog out and leave to go to work. I start work at 6am im a machine operator moving around from different machines all day. During the day i get 3 -15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. The work day ends at 630 so i leave work get home around 710 - 720 depending on traffic. I eat dinner and spend some time with the wife and 2 kids before i get a shower and go to bed around 930.

    The gyms normally are not open in that early in the morning and to try to workout in the evening i would lose spending time with the family. I see there are workout plans that can been achieved at home. Im looking for ideas on different routes to take. Such as getting something like a bowflex --a tread mill --free weights-- follow a workout plan from hear and knock a workout out in the morning before i go to work or should i try something like p90x

    Looking for ideas? I want to be in better shape not only for me but for my family. I want change and im willing to make it happen looking for ways other people in similar situations have went about this. For reference im 6'3" and 260 looking to get rid of the dad bod
    You need to concentrate more on diet than training. Training is important however fatloss will come from reducing weekly calories.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User rwolfe88's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2016
    Age: 33
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    rwolfe88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rwolfe88 is offline
    ok so diet caloric deficit are what i should focus on to start.. That is great.

    Is there a recommended app to track food ? Myfitness pal -- Cronometer-- something else ?

    As someone who is very new to this and normally just ate what ever i wanted lol is there a site or a service that can tailor a meal plan ?

    Thanks for all the great info so far!!
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Age: 69
    Posts: 18,890
    Rep Power: 93750
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Tommy W. is offline
    Originally Posted by rwolfe88 View Post
    ok so diet caloric deficit are what i should focus on to start.. That is great.

    Is there a recommended app to track food ? Myfitness pal -- Cronometer-- something else ?

    As someone who is very new to this and normally just ate what ever i wanted lol is there a site or a service that can tailor a meal plan ?

    Thanks for all the great info so far!!
    My fitness pal is the go to however I prefer fitday.com. As far as meal plan all you need to do is start by eliminating as many ultra processed carbs as possible like chips, cookies, treats, soda with sugar and definitely alcohol. Just by doing that you'll be on a good path. Concentrate on lean meat, green veggies and lots of water to keep you full longer.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User JamalFit's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JamalFit is offline
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You need to concentrate more on diet than training. Training is important however fatloss will come from reducing weekly calories.
    As others have stated; calorie deficit and you'll lose weight no problem. Plus it sounds like you already walk alot just in your day to day life so thats more calories burnt. Gaining muscle though is another story, and you will need to find time to lift weights if you want to get shredded during or after the fat loss.
    503.4lb – Start weight (Oct 17 2021)
    488.6lb - Current weight (October 24 2021)
    14.8lb - Weight Lost since last week
    14.8lb - Total weight loss (After 1 week)

    Click this link to watch my latest weight loss vlog on Youtube!:
    >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NptUZ3qIfe0 <<
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User zReegz's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2021
    Age: 22
    Posts: 7
    Rep Power: 0
    zReegz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    zReegz is offline
    Find yourself a “diet”that works man it’s 80% + of all weightloss
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
www.000webhost.com