Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Going it alone

  1. #1
    Registered User ajloney's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Down, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 35
    Posts: 28
    Rep Power: 0
    ajloney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ajloney is offline

    Going it alone

    Having been with an online coach for around a year through lockdown and now back to gym had made the decision that the coach just wasn’t giving enough back.

    completed the fat loss phase through lockdown which was relatively easy but once we moved into gaining phase I just needed a bit more reassurance than the same WhatsApp message “we go again” every week. He told me I needed to get comfortable being soft while building muscle but I just didn’t feel I was lean enough to even begin pushing up.

    have included starting and end photos and my current position. Want to gain muscle but the added fat is having me in a head melt as to whether I need to pull back calories and drop fat and fall into that cut and look the same category. Working out 4 days a week upper/lower split. Current calories 3000.

    6”1 81kg

    any advice/pointers would be of value. Have started adding 3 cardio sessions 30 mins 140/150bpm.

    Still not sure how to embed photos with only a few posts

    Up to date photos in my progress gallery if anyone has a chance to look at them would be much appreciated
    Aaron Loney
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Age: 69
    Posts: 18,425
    Rep Power: 88437
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Tommy W. is offline
    Originally Posted by ajloney View Post
    Having been with an online coach for around a year through lockdown and now back to gym had made the decision that the coach just wasn’t giving enough back.

    completed the fat loss phase through lockdown which was relatively easy but once we moved into gaining phase I just needed a bit more reassurance than the same WhatsApp message “we go again” every week. He told me I needed to get comfortable being soft while building muscle but I just didn’t feel I was lean enough to even begin pushing up.

    have included starting and end photos and my current position. Want to gain muscle but the added fat is having me in a head melt as to whether I need to pull back calories and drop fat and fall into that cut and look the same category. Working out 4 days a week upper/lower split. Current calories 3000.

    6”1 81kg

    any advice/pointers would be of value. Have started adding 3 cardio sessions 30 mins 140/150bpm.

    Still not sure how to embed photos with only a few posts

    Up to date photos in my progress gallery if anyone has a chance to look at them would be much appreciated
    You don't have a lot of excess fat so id just keep building but keep measuring your waist at the navel. If that measurement starts growing much lower calories slightly to where you're still getting stronger but your waist isnt growing or at least by much
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User ajloney's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Down, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 35
    Posts: 28
    Rep Power: 0
    ajloney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ajloney is offline
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You don't have a lot of excess fat so id just keep building but keep measuring your waist at the navel. If that measurement starts growing much lower calories slightly to where you're still getting stronger but your waist isnt growing or at least by much
    And with that. You have settled my head. I know deep down I don’t have enough muscle to even warrant a cut. Thank you for that man.

    I know my waist isn’t great. Would there be any exercises I could use to strengthen these areas. Currently don’t deadlift due to laziness to be honest as form was never great on them.
    Aaron Loney
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 3,506
    Rep Power: 21257
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TolerantLactose is offline
    Originally Posted by ajloney View Post
    I know my waist isn’t great. Would there be any exercises I could use to strengthen these areas. Currently don’t deadlift due to laziness to be honest as form was never great on them.
    The point of the waist measurement is that it's a good proxy for overall fat level for men not for you to focus on it in how you train.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User ajloney's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Down, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 35
    Posts: 28
    Rep Power: 0
    ajloney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ajloney is offline
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    The point of the waist measurement is that it's a good proxy for overall fat level for men not for you to focus on it in how you train.
    Ah ok thank you for explaining that, appreciate that. I’m learning more from this forum than I did my coach.
    Aaron Loney
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Age: 69
    Posts: 18,425
    Rep Power: 88437
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Tommy W. is offline
    Originally Posted by ajloney View Post
    And with that. You have settled my head. I know deep down I don’t have enough muscle to even warrant a cut. Thank you for that man.

    I know my waist isn’t great. Would there be any exercises I could use to strengthen these areas. Currently don’t deadlift due to laziness to be honest as form was never great on them.
    your waist is the best place to gauge how much fat youre losing or gaining. A 1” change either way is about 5-7 lbs of fat which is what i was referring to
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User ajloney's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Down, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 35
    Posts: 28
    Rep Power: 0
    ajloney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ajloney is offline
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    your waist is the best place to gauge how much fat youre losing or gaining. A 1” change either way is about 5-7 lbs of fat which is what i was referring to
    Perfect man, thank you for explaining that.
    Aaron Loney
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
www.000webhost.com