Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User ycpspartan's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: Pennsylvania, United States
    Age: 31
    Posts: 578
    Rep Power: 612
    ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ycpspartan is offline

    Alex Viada/ Hybrid Athlete Training?

    Has anyone here tried this style of training? I'm a long time weight lifter turned annual marathon runner who would love a program that lets me incorporate both running and lifting instead of focusing on just one or the other for long periods of time.

    I'm happy to pay for a program, it doesn't bother me to compensate someone for sharing their accumulated knowledge, but I would love to read some reviews or get a sense of what the training is like before moving forward, the only problem is that it's kind of hard to find...?

    Any thoughts?
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 709
    Rep Power: 11772
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by ycpspartan View Post
    Has anyone here tried this style of training? I'm a long time weight lifter turned annual marathon runner who would love a program that lets me incorporate both running and lifting instead of focusing on just one or the other for long periods of time.

    I'm happy to pay for a program, it doesn't bother me to compensate someone for sharing their accumulated knowledge, but I would love to read some reviews or get a sense of what the training is like before moving forward, the only problem is that it's kind of hard to find...?

    Any thoughts?
    No experience with his program personally, but as a former strongman competitor turned endurance athlete I cannot recommend Tactical Barbell's conditioning book highly enough for those who want to lift in conjunction with endurance work.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User ycpspartan's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: Pennsylvania, United States
    Age: 31
    Posts: 578
    Rep Power: 612
    ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ycpspartan is offline
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    No experience with his program personally, but as a former strongman competitor turned endurance athlete I cannot recommend Tactical Barbell's conditioning book highly enough for those who want to lift in conjunction with endurance work.
    Thanks! Technically you deserve commission on the sale you just made.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: United States
    Posts: 16,958
    Rep Power: 61637
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GeneralSerpant is offline
    Just do your marathon training and then go to the gym?
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 709
    Rep Power: 11772
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by ycpspartan View Post
    Thanks! Technically you deserve commission on the sale you just made.
    Haha, I wish. Fantastic read though - it really opened my eyes to proper conditioning around lifting and how to excel at both. I mostly use the Green template nowadays.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User EliKoehn's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 925
    Rep Power: 5937
    EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000) EliKoehn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    EliKoehn is online now
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Haha, I wish. Fantastic read though - it really opened my eyes to proper conditioning around lifting and how to excel at both. I mostly use the Green template nowadays.
    If I may ask, did your strongman training approach get in the way of any military prequalification? Things like bodyweight, runtime, callisthenic performance, etc., since those tend to be inversely correlated with strongman performance and raw strength.
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 335
    Deadlift: 475

    "... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 709
    Rep Power: 11772
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    GrouchyUSMC is offline
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    If I may ask, did your strongman training approach get in the way of any military prequalification? Things like bodyweight, runtime, callisthenic performance, etc., since those tend to be inversely correlated with strongman performance and raw strength.
    I balanced the two fairly well because I was still young, so it wasn't unusual to do unit PT and lift heavy in the same day. All I was concerned about was the Physical Fitness Test by that point though. I wasn't the strongest competitor but I was pretty athletic so I managed to do well in different events.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
www.000webhost.com