Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32
  1. #1
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline

    Home Gym Buildout

    Hi,

    Looking for help and advice on equipment for a home gym buildout. We are mainly using it for functional boxing training but are looking for a power rack for some strength options.
    My first question comes in the way of Lat/Row pulls are they worth it ?
    I am looking at options from: thegymrevolution webstore with a big difference in price from the ones with the Lat compared to without. I have the budget to get either but if its not worth the extra money then I'd go without.

    Added to this I was looking to get Jammer arms, band pegs, dip bars, landmine attachment & front safety booms.

    I am located in the U.K so would be interested in any advice, recommendations etc as not all items from the U.S market are available here like Sorinex.

    Much appreciated and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

    -BADGER
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Chihuahua in the rain Corbets's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2018
    Location: ZG, Switzerland
    Posts: 576
    Rep Power: 5552
    Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Corbets is offline
    I’m not really sure I understand your question. It seems to combine asking about the usefulness of various movements (lat pulls and rows) with a variety of vague equipment. Since we’re in the equipment forum, perhaps you could ask about specific pieces?

    As to the store, I’ve ordered from them and was happy with both the service and the products. They stock a lot of ATX gear.
    My Candito Linear log:
    https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showthread.php?t=177212011&p=1581528721#post1581528721

    My Fierce 5 Novice log (deprecated): https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showthread.php?t=175702561&p=1550387651#post1550387651

    My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Sorry if I wasn't clear.

    My first point was looking at the Power Racks available they come with or without a Lat Pulldown attachment, is this a useful option to have on the Rack for the additional cost. To be more precise it is the ATX 650 Power Cage on the thegymrevolution store I am looking at.

    With this Rack their are a lot of added accessories you can purchase and I was looking at the Jammer Arms, Band Pegs, Dip Bars, Landmine Attachment and front safety booms. These are the only cages I have found with such a variety of attachments in the U.K and was asking if it is a good option or if their are better/comparable alternatives in the U.K market and if so can people point me in the direction or alternatives to check out.

    Cheers!
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User gym62richard's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 58
    Posts: 2,525
    Rep Power: 15852
    gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    gym62richard is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear.

    My first point was looking at the Power Racks available they come with or without a Lat Pulldown attachment, is this a useful option to have on the Rack for the additional cost. To be more precise it is the ATX 650 Power Cage on the thegymrevolution store I am looking at.

    With this Rack their are a lot of added accessories you can purchase and I was looking at the Jammer Arms, Band Pegs, Dip Bars, Landmine Attachment and front safety booms. These are the only cages I have found with such a variety of attachments in the U.K and was asking if it is a good option or if their are better/comparable alternatives in the U.K market and if so can people point me in the direction or alternatives to check out.

    Cheers!
    I also live in the UK, firstly I like ATx and Matt at the Gym Revolution is a Good guy, ATX have recently rebranded their line of racks, I think the rack you're looking at is the old Megatec rack, 60mmx60mmx3mm box section.

    I have used several racks from their former range, the Barbarian rack 75mmx75mmx3mm tube and the ATX line 80mmx80mmx3mm tube., I believe they have now taken full production to China. , but the company is still based in Germany.

    I doubt you'll find a better rack at that price point, to step up to the next model in the ATX line 70mmx70mmx3mm would not be much of an advantage.

    Personally I really don't like lat/low row attachments in the back of the rack, I think they take up too much space and cramp the working area. If you want a lat/low row option I'd recommend looking at a stand alone unit, the Body Solid and Powertec units both work well, personally I'd look at the used market, FB Marketplace or eBay.

    I'm not a fan of Jammer arms, I have a pair of ATX barbarian Jammer arms and never use them.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I also live in the UK, firstly I like ATx and Matt at the Gym Revolution is a Good guy, ATX have recently rebranded their line of racks, I think the rack you're looking at is the old Megatec rack, 60mmx60mmx3mm box section.

    I have used several racks from their former range, the Barbarian rack 75mmx75mmx3mm tube and the ATX line 80mmx80mmx3mm tube., I believe they have now taken full production to China. , but the company is still based in Germany.

    I doubt you'll find a better rack at that price point, to step up to the next model in the ATX line 70mmx70mmx3mm would not be much of an advantage.

    Personally I really don't like lat/low row attachments in the back of the rack, I think they take up too much space and cramp the working area. If you want a lat/low row option I'd recommend looking at a stand alone unit, the Body Solid and Powertec units both work well, personally I'd look at the used market, FB Marketplace or eBay.

    I'm not a fan of Jammer arms, I have a pair of ATX barbarian Jammer arms and never use them.
    Thanks for the reply Richard, Yes I believe your right it is the 60 x 60 x 3 rack so this is an old model now your saying ? Anywhere to see the new line you know of.
    See I thought that when looking the Barbarian were the old units from the same manufacturer as the look was very similar.

    Think I am going to take that advice and opt for one without the lat/row spend the extra money on better weights.

    As a newbie building this out as a strength area of a boxing gym (for personal use only) what would you say would be good to get then as like I said I'm a novice and up to now have been taken advice from the companies which are obviously looking to sell me the most and more expensive items.

    I have been looking at : ATX 650 rack, ATX MBX-650 Bench, Jammer Arms, Front Booms, Dip Bars, Landmine Attachment. Then also 150KG in Olympic Bumper weights & 7ft Bar I've been looking at the ATX options at thegymrev, Strengthshop, mirafit, rouge & wolverson (Bison).

    Really Appreciate the help!
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User gym62richard's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 58
    Posts: 2,525
    Rep Power: 15852
    gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    gym62richard is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    Thanks for the reply Richard, Yes I believe your right it is the 60 x 60 x 3 rack so this is an old model now your saying ? Anywhere to see the new line you know of.
    See I thought that when looking the Barbarian were the old units from the same manufacturer as the look was very similar.

    Think I am going to take that advice and opt for one without the lat/row spend the extra money on better weights.

    As a newbie building this out as a strength area of a boxing gym (for personal use only) what would you say would be good to get then as like I said I'm a novice and up to now have been taken advice from the companies which are obviously looking to sell me the most and more expensive items.

    I have been looking at : ATX 650 rack, ATX MBX-650 Bench, Jammer Arms, Front Booms, Dip Bars, Landmine Attachment. Then also 150KG in Olympic Bumper weights & 7ft Bar I've been looking at the ATX options at thegymrev, Strengthshop, mirafit, rouge & wolverson (Bison).

    Really Appreciate the help!

    Forget Mirafit, most of their equipment is generic crap, Rogue and Woolverson are both recommended, the Rogue bars are good, but I have no experience with the Bison bar.

    I have aN ATX Power bar in my set up, it's a very good bar for the money. I don't like the design of the MBX 650 bench, I think the Warrior MBX 750 would be a better option.

    Accessory wise, the front spotters would be a good option, again a landmine is very versatile, dip attachments are okay, but I prefer a stand alone dip station, as I stated earlier I don't rate the ATX jammer arms.

    I'm going to send you a Private Message later.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Forget Mirafit, most of their equipment is generic crap, Rogue and Woolverson are both recommended, the Rogue bars are good, but I have no experience with the Bison bar.

    I have aN ATX Power bar in my set up, it's a very good bar for the money. I don't like the design of the MBX 650 bench, I think the Warrior MBX 750 would be a better option.

    Accessory wise, the front spotters would be a good option, again a landmine is very versatile, dip attachments are okay, but I prefer a stand alone dip station, as I stated earlier I don't rate the ATX jammer arms.

    I'm going to send you a Private Message later.
    Ok, perfect. Yes send a private message when you can and can discuss there as looking for all the help I can get in whats worthwhile. I know my onions when it comes to the boxing side of things but not so much the strength side.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Banned BenMcLeodNZ's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 3,189
    Rep Power: 0
    BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BenMcLeodNZ is offline
    Don't put a lat pulldown attachment on your rack because it ruins a lot of it's functionality and stops a lot of benches from fitting in properly.
    Keep an eye out for a used decline bench too, a real one, not a FID one. For weighted sit ups as well as decline pressing work. Probably not worth the value buying one new though, especially at this stage.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Don't put a lat pulldown attachment on your rack because it ruins a lot of it's functionality and stops a lot of benches from fitting in properly.
    Keep an eye out for a used decline bench too, a real one, not a FID one. For weighted sit ups as well as decline pressing work. Probably not worth the value buying one new though, especially at this stage.
    I came across the Ironmaster bench which looks every part the answer to what I am looking for so that looks like the answer to that. I have decided to leave the lat pull etc and if needed get a stand alone in the future.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Banned BenMcLeodNZ's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Posts: 3,189
    Rep Power: 0
    BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BenMcLeodNZ is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    I came across the Ironmaster bench which looks every part the answer to what I am looking for so that looks like the answer to that. I have decided to leave the lat pull etc and if needed get a stand alone in the future.
    Yeah man, being a boxer you should be lean enough to just do real pull ups anyway.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Yeah man, being a boxer you should be lean enough to just do real pull ups anyway.
    Would still be a good addition just not a necessity at the moment....you seen Andy Ruiz not sure if 'lean' is how I'd describe him aha
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    York Man AttyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Location: Virginia, United States
    Age: 59
    Posts: 12,926
    Rep Power: 38312
    AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AttyGuy is offline
    One post, to advertise your website?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

    My home gym: https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

    ()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    One post, to advertise your website?
    They must have deleted their post. I saw the pics of your home gym looks great. I'm getting my flooring laid tomorrow which is a Regupol can't wait then I can start buying my equipment.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User gym62richard's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 58
    Posts: 2,525
    Rep Power: 15852
    gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    gym62richard is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    They must have deleted their post. I saw the pics of your home gym looks great. I'm getting my flooring laid tomorrow which is a Regupol can't wait then I can start buying my equipment.
    Where are you buying your rolled rubber flooring?, I bought mine from Polymax, it's exactly the same product as Regupol, but branded in the UK as Polymax under licence from the product developer Berleburger.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Where are you buying your rolled rubber flooring?, I bought mine from Polymax, it's exactly the same product as Regupol, but branded in the UK as Polymax under licence from the product developer Berleburger.
    So mine is coming directly from Berleburger in Germany via a company called CMS Danskin. They managed to do 12.5 meter rolls for me instead of the standard 10m rolls so I wouldn't be left with lot of excess.
    Its a 15mm Regupol shock under layer with a 4mm layer on-top of that which is called Uni 1 Oslo.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User gym62richard's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 58
    Posts: 2,525
    Rep Power: 15852
    gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    gym62richard is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    So mine is coming directly from Berleburger in Germany via a company called CMS Danskin. They managed to do 12.5 meter rolls for me instead of the standard 10m rolls so I wouldn't be left with lot of excess.
    Its a 15mm Regupol shock under layer with a 4mm layer on-top of that which is called Uni 1 Oslo.
    Right, that's interesting, I thought I hadn't seen rolled rubber/polymer flooring marketed as Regupol here in Europe. In the US Regupol generally refers to a single layer rolled, rubber hybrid material, which is 3/8 (10mm thick), sold here as Everroll.

    Over here Regupol appears to refer to a shock/sound absorbing under lay material, however all regupol and Everroll materials are manufactured under the Berleburger banner.


    It appears that you have taken a different approach, using an underlay with a separate top surface, it'll be interesting to see what you think, does the top layer of your flooring have a coloured flek, like the single layer rolled rubber?.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Right, that's interesting, I thought I hadn't seen rolled rubber/polymer flooring marketed as Regupol here in Europe. In the US Regupol generally refers to a single layer rolled, rubber hybrid material, which is 3/8 (10mm thick), sold here as Everroll.

    Over here Regupol appears to refer to a shock/sound absorbing under lay material, however all regupol and Everroll materials are manufactured under the Berleburger banner.


    It appears that you have taken a different approach, using an underlay with a separate top surface, it'll be interesting to see what you think, does the top layer of your flooring have a coloured flek, like the single layer rolled rubber?.
    Thats exactly right. So Regupol is the underlay which they do in all different thickness manufactured by Berleburger (also called BSW) I wanted to get it flush finish with my outdoor paving as I have bi-folding doors so I am getting an overall height of flooring at 20mm and using it primarily for functional training like boxing wanted a nice under foot feel so gone for the 15mm Regupol which then has a 4mm Everoll top surface that they bond to the Regupol underlay. Both manufactured and being supplied by Berleburger/BSW. The top layer is berleburger's Impact+ range which is a single grey colour no fleck etc. The room is quite a nice modern room and wanted something different then a black or a flecked flooring and found these.
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    Registered User gym62richard's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 58
    Posts: 2,525
    Rep Power: 15852
    gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    gym62richard is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    Thats exactly right. So Regupol is the underlay which they do in all different thickness manufactured by Berleburger (also called BSW) I wanted to get it flush finish with my outdoor paving as I have bi-folding doors so I am getting an overall height of flooring at 20mm and using it primarily for functional training like boxing wanted a nice under foot feel so gone for the 15mm Regupol which then has a 4mm Everoll top surface that they bond to the Regupol underlay. Both manufactured and being supplied by Berleburger/BSW. The top layer is berleburger's Impact+ range which is a single grey colour no fleck etc. The room is quite a nice modern room and wanted something different then a black or a flecked flooring and found these.
    Nice, grey is the colour of the moment, at least that's what the good lady keeps telling me.

    My floor set up is a little more crude, on the concrete sub floor I have a layer of 20mm Evo foam, followed by a layer of 18mm plywood, then the 10mmx1.25m, Everroll/Regupol rolled rubber as the top layer, black with red fleks.

    I went with this 3 layer system in order to replicate the benefits of a lifting platform, as I was doing a lot of weightlifting at the time, initially I had stall mats as the top layer, when I installed my rolled rubber I left the 2 bottom layers in place, but there really was no need, as the 10mm Everrroll would have been sufficient.

    A few pics of my floor..



    Reply With Quote

  19. #19
    Registered User Rakshar's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 58
    Rep Power: 142
    Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rakshar is offline
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Nice, grey is the colour of the moment, at least that's what the good lady keeps telling me.

    My floor set up is a little more crude, on the concrete sub floor I have a layer of 20mm Evo foam, followed by a layer of 18mm plywood, then the 10mmx1.25m, Everroll/Regupol rolled rubber as the top layer, black with red fleks.

    I went with this 3 layer system in order to replicate the benefits of a lifting platform, as I was doing a lot of weightlifting at the time, initially I had stall mats as the top layer, when I installed my rolled rubber I left the 2 bottom layers in place, but there really was no need, as the 10mm Everrroll would have been sufficient.

    A few pics of my floor..



    gym62richard, that is an impressive looking gym you got there! The floor looks great as well.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #20
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Nice, grey is the colour of the moment, at least that's what the good lady keeps telling me.

    My floor set up is a little more crude, on the concrete sub floor I have a layer of 20mm Evo foam, followed by a layer of 18mm plywood, then the 10mmx1.25m, Everroll/Regupol rolled rubber as the top layer, black with red fleks.

    I went with this 3 layer system in order to replicate the benefits of a lifting platform, as I was doing a lot of weightlifting at the time, initially I had stall mats as the top layer, when I installed my rolled rubber I left the 2 bottom layers in place, but there really was no need, as the 10mm Everrroll would have been sufficient.

    A few pics of my floor..
    Looks good, so yes the stuff you have as the top layer is my underlay. Where mine is a purpose built outbuilding its concrete foundation with 2inch air flow then plyboard so thats my subfloor with the 15mm version of what you have and then a 4mm rubber layer on-top of that with glue etc its 20mm solution.

    They should be done in about an hour so will get some images once completed.
    Reply With Quote

  21. #21
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    All installed looks the bollocks. Got to keep the space heaters on for 24hours and let it settle etc so will get pics tomorrow once bits have dried etc.
    Time to get ordering my equipment.
    Reply With Quote

  22. #22
    Registered User Greybird2's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Posts: 928
    Rep Power: 2255
    Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000) Greybird2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Greybird2 is online now
    gym62 Richard. Really nice gym! Is that in a basement? I have never joists done like that..
    Reply With Quote

  23. #23
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    gym62 Richard. Really nice gym! Is that in a basement? I have never joists done like that..
    I was looking over the Jammer discussion the other day and saw you was making your own, do you get much use out of them ?
    Reply With Quote

  24. #24
    Registered User gym62richard's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 58
    Posts: 2,525
    Rep Power: 15852
    gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    gym62richard is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    Looks good, so yes the stuff you have as the top layer is my underlay. Where mine is a purpose built outbuilding its concrete foundation with 2inch air flow then plyboard so thats my subfloor with the 15mm version of what you have and then a 4mm rubber layer on-top of that with glue etc its 20mm solution.

    They should be done in about an hour so will get some images once completed.
    Gotcha.

    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    All installed looks the bollocks. Got to keep the space heaters on for 24hours and let it settle etc so will get pics tomorrow once bits have dried etc.
    Time to get ordering my equipment.
    Look forward to your pics.

    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    gym62 Richard. Really nice gym! Is that in a basement? I have never joists done like that..
    No it's a purpose built timber structure, 36'x17', the height runs from 9'"6 to 8'4". The exposed timbers consist of 3 lateral 3"x10" cross members, in turn they support 4"x5" purlins on 4' centres, then a 2" insulation board and finally a coated steel box profile sheet roof, so no real weight in the roof covering, but plenty strong enough to handle the weather.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #25
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Needs a clean to remove marks from laying etc but all done now attaching images. Can see my I-Beam in the ceiling which will hold punchbags etc on runners so they can be moved to the sides when not in use to allow for more room.
    Attached Images
    Reply With Quote

  26. #26
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    not sure how you embed the images like above so will have to just be those attachments.
    Reply With Quote

  27. #27
    Registered User EricAtl's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2015
    Age: 48
    Posts: 1,842
    Rep Power: 7723
    EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    EricAtl is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    not sure how you embed the images like above so will have to just be those attachments.
    You have to have 50 posts to post links. Here is the second pic, looks great.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym pics: https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showthread.php?t=177315891&p=1583348411&viewfull=1#post1583348411
    Reply With Quote

  28. #28
    Registered User Badgerfitt's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 27
    Rep Power: 0
    Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Badgerfitt is offline
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    You have to have 50 posts to post links. Here is the second pic, looks great.
    So they would show like that automatically when uploading attachments once you get 50posts?
    Reply With Quote

  29. #29
    Registered User EricAtl's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2015
    Age: 48
    Posts: 1,842
    Rep Power: 7723
    EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    EricAtl is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    So they would show like that automatically when uploading attachments once you get 50posts?
    No. You have to open the pic, copy the link, and paste it between image tags.
    [ ] [/ ]. Img goes in the brackets.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym pics: https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showthread.php?t=177315891&p=1583348411&viewfull=1#post1583348411
    Reply With Quote

  30. #30
    Registered User gym62richard's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Age: 58
    Posts: 2,525
    Rep Power: 15852
    gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    gym62richard is offline
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    not sure how you embed the images like above so will have to just be those attachments.
    Looking sharp, what's your total floor area?, time to order your equipment.

    Yes, you need50 posts to embed pics. I tend to use Ingur upload the pic to Ingur, copy the link and paste it into the post, it's quick and easy.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
www.000webhost.com