Reply
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User nmpampal's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 4
    Rep Power: 0
    nmpampal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nmpampal is offline

    Newbie trying to follow these excersises...

    Hello!

    I'm 24 and after high school, I spent 5 years literally seated and eating unhealthy food (college). I used to be skinny but now I'm average (75 kg or 165 pounds ) and I gained some more belly and lap fat which I wish to flatten. But most importantly I feel weak and not energized every day even if I sleep and eat healthily.

    I started with the following exercises:

    1) High Knees
    2) Push up and jump
    3) Russian Twists
    4) Mountain Climb
    5) Plunk Knees To Elbows
    6) Seated in and outs
    7) Star Crunches

    The recommended amount of a set of each exercise is 40-50 except push-ups and jump and star crunches which is 10 (according to what I read).

    I can handle 1 and 2 but the rest of them not too much. Especially Russian Twists, Seated in and outs I can barely do 10 of 40!!! (Star Crunches I can only do 3-4 of 10)
    I believe the reason is that I have very weak abs, which I'm positive that it's true. My abs are the weakest muscles in my body right now.

    My question is, should I keep doing these exercises and do as much as I can every day? For example, I can do only 3 Star Crunches of 10. Should I keep trying every day until I'm able to do 10 in a row? Or do I have to change the exercise?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by nmpampal; 01-20-2020 at 04:36 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User dylanstephens54's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 571
    Rep Power: 2768
    dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dylanstephens54 is offline
    Originally Posted by nmpampal View Post
    Hello!

    I'm 24 and after high school, I spent 5 years literally seated and eating unhealthy food (college). I used to be skinny but now I'm average (75 kg or 165 pounds ) and I gained some more belly and lap fat which I wish to flatten. But most importantly I feel weak and not energized every day even if I sleep and eat healthily.

    I started with the following exercises:

    1) High Knees
    2) Push up and jump
    3) Russian Twists
    4) Mountain Climb
    5) Plunk Knees To Elbows
    6) Seated in and outs
    7) Star Crunches

    The recommended amount of a set of each exercise is 40-50 except push-ups and jump and star crunches which is 10 (according to what I read).

    I can handle 1 and 2 but the rest of them not too much. Especially Russian Twists, Seated in and outs and Star Crunches I can barely do 10 of 40!!!
    I believe the reason is that I have very weak abs, which I'm positive that it's true. My abs are the weakest muscles in my body right now.

    My question is, should I keep doing these exercises and do as much as I can every day? For example, I can do only 3 Star Crunches of 10. Should I keep trying every day until I'm able to do 10 in a row? Or do I have to change the exercise?

    Thanks!
    Lol just do some interval training running/walking mix

    You need cardio not core exercises

    How tall are you? 75kg is pretty light
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User air2fakie's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,326
    Rep Power: 2320
    air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    air2fakie is online now
    You can't target fat loss, so doing a ton of ab/core exercises won't help you lose the belly fat. Although some lighter core work will help the area look more defined once the fat comes off.

    You need to eat less (calorie deficit) if you want to lose the fat. To help the process go faster, pick a novice workout routine from the stickies on the Workout forum page or somewhere else, and add some cardio in at the end of workouts and/or on rest days.

    If you're not interested in weight training, just do cardio - machines, some internal training, running, biking, whatever.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User nmpampal's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 4
    Rep Power: 0
    nmpampal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nmpampal is offline
    Originally Posted by dylanstephens54 View Post
    Lol just do some interval training running/walking mix

    You need cardio, not core exercises

    How tall are you? 75kg is pretty light
    I'm 1.7 meters (5.58 feet or 66.9 inches).
    The problem's not the weight, I just don't want to have a belly. Would it be appropriate to upload some pictures here so you can take an idea
    in what situation I am and give me some proper advice accordingly?

    I can't go to the gym or go outside and run (I live in a city, of course, you can run in parks and places like that but it's too cold). So I decided to learn some exercises which you can do at home.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 901
    Rep Power: 2288
    TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    TolerantLactose is offline
    Originally Posted by nmpampal View Post
    I'm 1.7 meters (5.58 feet or 66.9 inches).
    The problem's not the weight, I just don't want to have a belly. Would it be appropriate to upload some pictures here so you can take an idea
    in what situation I am and give me some proper advice accordingly?

    I can't go to the gym or go outside and run (I live in a city, of course, you can run in parks and places like that but it's too cold). So I decided to learn some exercises which you can do at home.
    Diet is your only option to lose the belly. Training abs will increase their endurance or make them larger. You can't make muscles smaller by training them and they're too small to burn any significant amount of fat.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

    Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User nmpampal's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 4
    Rep Power: 0
    nmpampal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nmpampal is offline
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Diet is your only option to lose the belly. Training abs will increase their endurance or make them larger. You can't make muscles smaller by training them and they're too small to burn any significant amount of fat.
    So you are telling me I just need to sit all day and just eat healthily? Also burning fat is not my only goal, my goal is fitness too. I do not wish to become a monster with huge muscles, I just need to learn how to train and keep my body healthy.

    It's quite sad that every morning I'm waking up feeling weak and not energized. And I'm only 24! My friend's father is 60 and he destroys me in mountain hike.

    This January I went skiing for 6 hours, the next day I could not even stand.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User nmpampal's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 4
    Rep Power: 0
    nmpampal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nmpampal is offline
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You can't target fat loss, so doing a ton of ab/core exercises won't help you lose the belly fat. Although some lighter core work will help the area look more defined once the fat comes off.

    You need to eat less (calorie deficit) if you want to lose the fat. To help the process go faster, pick a novice workout routine from the stickies on the Workout forum page or somewhere else, and add some cardio in at the end of workouts and/or on rest days.

    If you're not interested in weight training, just do cardio - machines, some internal training, running, biking, whatever.
    Your advice sounds really good. Well, I knew that cardio is needed but I thought doing some core exercises would increase fat loss even more.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 901
    Rep Power: 2288
    TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    TolerantLactose is offline
    Originally Posted by nmpampal View Post
    So you are telling me I just need to sit all day and just eat healthily? Also burning fat is not my only goal, my goal is fitness too. I do not wish to become a monster with huge muscles, I just need to learn how to train and keep my body healthy.

    It's quite sad that every morning I'm waking up feeling weak and not energized. And I'm only 24! My friend's father is 60 and he destroys me in mountain hike.

    This January I went skiing for 6 hours, the next day I could not even stand.
    Originally Posted by nmpampal View Post
    Your advice sounds really good. Well, I knew that cardio is needed but I thought doing some core exercises would increase fat loss even more.
    Reread the advice given. You seem to be missing large chunks of it.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

    Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
www.000webhost.com