Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    elf on a mission lalala-elf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,137
    Rep Power: 217
    lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lalala-elf is offline

    The Pyritinol Trials (Cognitive Nutrition Log)

    The Pyritinol Trials
    Thanks to Steve Silwa of Unique Nutrition

    .::.

    Description

    Pyritinol (pyridoxine disulfide, pyrithioxine) is a derivative of the B vitamin pyridoxine hcl. Chemically it is 2 pyridoxine molecules bonded together by a disulfide bridge. It was created as a unique compound to enhance cognition and has been used for well over 40 years in Europe. Despite its structural similarities to the vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) they work chemically very different and Pyritinol has no B-6 activity.


    Neurochemical Effects

    :: Increases the brain's electrical firing rate
    (Faster reaction time, mental processing, comprehension speed)

    :: Boosts Glucose Metabolism
    Supports mental energy & focus

    :: Raises cerebral cGMP levels
    Supports cerebral vascular system

    :: Activates cholinergenic system
    Supports memory & cognition

    :: Activating effect on mental alertness
    By reducing GABA & benzodiazepine receptor affinity & inhibiting glutamate decarboxylase.


    Dose

    Take 1-4 capsules daily.


    When do I feel it?

    Can be noticed in a few hours to a few days in most people.


    .::.





    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    elf on a mission lalala-elf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,137
    Rep Power: 217
    lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lalala-elf is offline

    Update #1 - Dosage: 1 Pill

    Update #1

    Dosage = 1 pill (to assess tolerance)


    .::.


    Noted Effects

    I was tired when I took this, and didn't expect much from the one pill dosage. It's been about an hour since I took it, and as I'm setting this log up I'm noticing increased mental alertness which may very well be the pyritinol. It's not at all stimulant like, but instead feels like I've had a lot of sleep, which unfortunately I haven't. Not much else to note from this dosage, but also no negative effects. Tomorrow I will up the dosage to 2 pills, taken earlier in the day.


    Future Log Plans

    Starting with tomorrow's dose and carrying through this log, I plan to assess the effects of pyritinol in a number of ways. This will include performance in thinking tasks (studying, etc.), performance for pre-workout focus, effects related to music enjoyment and music creation, and effects related to general daily activities (errands, driving, shopping, etc.). This should give a good overview of the range of benefits from pyritinol supplementation.


    .::.


    I would like to thank Steve of Unique Nutrition once again for this logging opportunity. I really appreciate being able to test this

    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    elf on a mission lalala-elf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,137
    Rep Power: 217
    lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lalala-elf is offline

    Update #2 - Dose: 2 pills

    Update #2

    Dosage = 2 pills


    .::.


    Noted Effects

    I took 2 pills on an empty stomach about 3.5 hours ago. I didn't notice anything until close to an hour later when I had my first cup of coffee of the day... which seemed to provide more alertness and energy than usual... but it's hard to say if that was the pyritinol. Overall today I've had a pleasant and calm mental state, again it's hard to say if this was caused by the pyritinol as it isn't out of the ordinary, but certainly no negative effects to report.

    I listened to a bunch of music, and really got into it - which also isn't out of the ordinary for me. The following song I really got into. Radiohead always gets me into awesome trance states... and their music to me expresses amazingly beautiful emotional landscapes. The Gloaming was never one of my favourite Radiohead songs (though I've always liked it), but today I really got into it.




    I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's dosage of 3 pills. Also, I'll be working out soon after, so I'll be able to assess any benefits related to workout focus.


    .::.

    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Brahhed RyanGrob's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: Michigan, United States
    Posts: 4,600
    Rep Power: 41884
    RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    RyanGrob is offline
    Once you find your sweet spot the effects are great
    My recovery journal: https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showthread.php?t=123572831
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    elf on a mission lalala-elf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,137
    Rep Power: 217
    lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lalala-elf is offline
    Originally Posted by RyanGrob View Post
    Once you find your sweet spot the effects are great
    Yeah, I'm really excited to try 3 pills tomorrow... and possibly bump up to 4 based on the results.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    elf on a mission lalala-elf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,137
    Rep Power: 217
    lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lalala-elf is offline

    Update #3 - Dose: 3 pills

    Update #3

    Dosage = 3 pills


    .::.


    Noted Effects

    I took the three pills on an empty stomach this morning. Again, nothing was noted until I consumed a coffee, about 45min after. I only got half way through my coffee before I started to feel overwhelmed with energy... even a little jittery, which is very unusual from half a cup of coffee in the morning for me. Decided not to even finish the coffee and went on about my day. I noticed I had considerable energy and focus during the morning, more so than a typical morning, however about 3 hours after dosing I started to get tired. Took a brief nap and didn't feel any different from baseline after waking.

    I had wanted to try working out about an hour after taking the dose today, but unfortunately could not due to obligations. So I'll be trying that hopefully tomorrow to see how it effects a work out. Nothing else to note really from today's dosage. At this point it seems like pyritinol is a good way to revitalize your mind in the morning, either with caffeine or to altogether replace it. I haven't noticed much in the way of increased information processing or memory, but I haven't done enough to test this fully.


    .::.


    Tomorrow, and likely the next few days, I'm going to stay at the 3 pill dosage as this seems to be a good dose for many people. I'd like to assess the effects on work outs (especially morning work outs), as well on more strenuous mental activities. I will likely up the dosage to 4 pills later this week.

    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts: 9,297
    Rep Power: 2667
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    CognitiveNutrition is offline
    Originally Posted by lalala-elf View Post

    Update #3

    Dosage = 3 pills


    .::.


    Noted Effects

    I took the three pills on an empty stomach this morning. Again, nothing was noted until I consumed a coffee, about 45min after. I only got half way through my coffee before I started to feel overwhelmed with energy... even a little jittery, which is very unusual from half a cup of coffee in the morning for me. Decided not to even finish the coffee and went on about my day. I noticed I had considerable energy and focus during the morning, more so than a typical morning, however about 3 hours after dosing I started to get tired. Took a brief nap and didn't feel any different from baseline after waking.

    I had wanted to try working out about an hour after taking the dose today, but unfortunately could not due to obligations. So I'll be trying that hopefully tomorrow to see how it effects a work out. Nothing else to note really from today's dosage. At this point it seems like pyritinol is a good way to revitalize your mind in the morning, either with caffeine or to altogether replace it. I haven't noticed much in the way of increased information processing or memory, but I haven't done enough to test this fully.


    .::.


    Tomorrow, and likely the next few days, I'm going to stay at the 3 pill dosage as this seems to be a good dose for many people. I'd like to assess the effects on work outs (especially morning work outs), as well on more strenuous mental activities. I will likely up the dosage to 4 pills later this week.

    Listening to music or seeing how fast you go when the light go green works for me lol. Or you could drop something and see how fast you catch it.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

    PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    elf on a mission lalala-elf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,137
    Rep Power: 217
    lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lalala-elf is offline

    Updates #4 and 5

    Dosage = 3 pills


    .::.


    Noted Effects

    On Sunday I took another dosage of 3 pills in the morning. I was tired before I took it and decided to forgo my usual morning coffee to see how well pyritinol alone would work at waking me up. Roughly an hour later I realized I was very alert, though not at all in a stimulant sense, just very mentally refreshed. It was a very smooth transition into this mental energy, and usually on mornings when I don't have a coffee I'm sluggish and often get a headache, both of which didn't happen. I tried my first work out after a pyritinol dose and noticed I had energy and focus, though nothing too unusual... but again, for not having coffee and a morning work-out, it was quite good. Didn't notice any unique effects with respect to the work out (i.e. better lifts etc) but it was good nevertheless. Felt alert and awake for the rest of the day.

    On Monday I was busy all day and decided not to take a dose. Hard to say if I noticed a big difference from the previous days of dosing pyritinol, as my activities that day were very different. Went for a medical exam after traveling three hours out of town, which included a drug test. I passed

    This morning (Tuesday) I took another morning dose, which the usual noted effects. Felt alert and more awake within an hour, could think very well. Chores seemed not to bother me as much as usual, was in a good mood all day. The day ended very well as I bought a new laptop (it's nice).

    Tomorrow I'm thinking of changing the dosage up. I'm thinking of one of three options: take 4 pills in the morning, take 3 pills later in the day, or take 2 pills twice during the day. I'll likely try all three of these during the duration of this log, dunno which I'll choose for tomorrow (it'll depend a bit on how I feel tomorrow morning).

    To reiterate the effects so far, pyritinol is very effective at clearing away mental fatigue especially in the morning. Boosts focus and seems to possibly have a positive effect on my mood. I haven't noticed much in the way of memory enhancements yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it helps with this. It also has unique anti-oxidant effects (especially in the brain), so it supports overall health behind the perceptual scene as well. No complaints or negative effects reported at all.


    .::.

    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    elf on a mission lalala-elf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,137
    Rep Power: 217
    lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lalala-elf is offline
    Going to take 4 pills tomorrow morning, looking forward to it . Haven't dosed any since the last update as I felt I haven't really had any unique situations to test it in. Tomorrow being Saturday, I'm going to take the dose before a morning workout, chill out with some music, maybe go for a swim... see how it effects these things.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts: 9,297
    Rep Power: 2667
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    CognitiveNutrition is offline
    Originally Posted by lalala-elf View Post
    Going to take 4 pills tomorrow morning, looking forward to it . Haven't dosed any since the last update as I felt I haven't really had any unique situations to test it in. Tomorrow being Saturday, I'm going to take the dose before a morning workout, chill out with some music, maybe go for a swim... see how it effects these things.
    This sounds like a fun test.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

    PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    elf on a mission lalala-elf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,137
    Rep Power: 217
    lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10) lalala-elf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lalala-elf is offline

    Updates #6 and 7

    Dosage = 4 pills / 3 pills


    .::.


    Noted Effects

    On Saturday I took 4 pills first thing in the morning and the effect was by far the most pronounced yet. Not only did I feel alert and mentally refreshed like with 3 pills, but this effect came on within 20 minutes (as opposed to 45-60) and was much more noticeable. Everything in the morning felt effortless, and for the first time with pyritinol, I can say I really noticed the increased mental processing. Within half an hour of the dose, I was sitting and thinking, and realized I felt like I was "on" something in the way my thoughts were flowing. My way of thinking was noticeably different than usual, the best way I can describe it was that the thoughts were deeper, and that I could hold on to a previous thought longer while moving forward with new thoughts. Hard to explain, but it was like more processing could occur allowing more "memory frames" to be stacked simultaneously. This allowed me to sit and think about a few events in my life with remarkable lucidity and problem solving abilities. This would have been a great mental state for designing a detailed project or solving a complex problem where multiple details must be grasped simultaneously to come up with a solution. Truly, it felt like a RAM increase. Another thing interesting was the enjoyability of this - sitting and thinking was incredibly enriching - almost spiritual in this state... I can compare it to a very low dose of LSD in both how mental processing was accelerated and how enjoyable the state of awareness felt.

    This state lasted for about 30 minutes of thinking. After this I took a shower, and the usual (albeit increased) alertness and energy stayed with me, though the mental state faded. I felt great for the rest of the morning, had a decent workout, and overall a decent day. Didn't end up going swimming though...

    Last night I dosed three pills in the evening, around 6PM. This time the effect was barely noticeable, not like when I had taken three pills in the morning. I think this in part is due to me already being alert by the evening, whereas in the morning any little boost is much appreciated and noticed. I listened to music to see if I noticed any changes that way, and it was hard to say. I always love music, and last night was no different. Based on this experience, I think for me personally I get more from morning doses of pyritinol. There may be a number of factors causing this - including the morning grogginess and also how I generally have less on my mind in the morning due to having just slept which allows for changes in perception to be more noticed.

    .::.

    I will not be taking another pyritinol dose nor updating this log for a week. This is because I'm moving to Alberta in less than a week to start a new job, and I've decided the pyritinol would be better used at work - where I can also better assess effects on information processing. Looking forward to it

    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts: 9,297
    Rep Power: 2667
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    CognitiveNutrition is offline
    Originally Posted by lalala-elf View Post

    Updates #6 and 7

    Dosage = 4 pills / 3 pills


    .::.


    Noted Effects

    On Saturday I took 4 pills first thing in the morning and the effect was by far the most pronounced yet. Not only did I feel alert and mentally refreshed like with 3 pills, but this effect came on within 20 minutes (as opposed to 45-60) and was much more noticeable. Everything in the morning felt effortless, and for the first time with pyritinol, I can say I really noticed the increased mental processing. Within half an hour of the dose, I was sitting and thinking, and realized I felt like I was "on" something in the way my thoughts were flowing. My way of thinking was noticeably different than usual, the best way I can describe it was that the thoughts were deeper, and that I could hold on to a previous thought longer while moving forward with new thoughts. Hard to explain, but it was like more processing could occur allowing more "memory frames" to be stacked simultaneously. This allowed me to sit and think about a few events in my life with remarkable lucidity and problem solving abilities. This would have been a great mental state for designing a detailed project or solving a complex problem where multiple details must be grasped simultaneously to come up with a solution. Truly, it felt like a RAM increase. Another thing interesting was the enjoyability of this - sitting and thinking was incredibly enriching - almost spiritual in this state... I can compare it to a very low dose of LSD in both how mental processing was accelerated and how enjoyable the state of awareness felt.

    This state lasted for about 30 minutes of thinking. After this I took a shower, and the usual (albeit increased) alertness and energy stayed with me, though the mental state faded. I felt great for the rest of the morning, had a decent workout, and overall a decent day. Didn't end up going swimming though...

    Last night I dosed three pills in the evening, around 6PM. This time the effect was barely noticeable, not like when I had taken three pills in the morning. I think this in part is due to me already being alert by the evening, whereas in the morning any little boost is much appreciated and noticed. I listened to music to see if I noticed any changes that way, and it was hard to say. I always love music, and last night was no different. Based on this experience, I think for me personally I get more from morning doses of pyritinol. There may be a number of factors causing this - including the morning grogginess and also how I generally have less on my mind in the morning due to having just slept which allows for changes in perception to be more noticed.

    .::.

    I will not be taking another pyritinol dose nor updating this log for a week. This is because I'm moving to Alberta in less than a week to start a new job, and I've decided the pyritinol would be better used at work - where I can also better assess effects on information processing. Looking forward to it

    That's a lovely detailed experience! I felt like I was on a trip reading it!
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

    PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: https://igoodies.000webhostapp.com/?viagra=showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
www.000webhost.com