Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 33
  1. #1
    Registered User PBanonymous's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 36
    Posts: 286
    Rep Power: 167
    PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PBanonymous is offline

    when trying to get pregnant and then once pregnant.....

    what do you do as far as diet is concerned?

    My fiance and I are starting a family next year and I was wondering about diet while trying to get pregnant and once I get pregnant. **note: I do not want this post to turn into Please consult your doctor. I KNOW! but my doctor isn't a bodybuilder... nor does she understand cut phase/bulk phase.***

    That being said. I am bulking right now. Would it make sense to begin cutting when we begin trying? (the logic being that I would have minimul fat when I start my pregnancy) Then once pregnant would it be like bulking? Because you do consume about 200 calories more per day. Anyone have any advice? Thanks ladies!
    Joy is the best makeup.

    Men, Please do not PM me looking to talk. I am happily engaged and am not looking for anything of the sort on here or anywhere.

  2. #2
    Fit mom of 2 terracotta's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2004
    Location: Canada
    Age: 39
    Posts: 15,894
    Rep Power: 5972
    terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    terracotta is offline
    I'd switch to maintenance once you begin trying. If you want to cut, do that before you begin trying. You need a balanced diet, lots of grains, fruits, vegetables (esp. green and leafy), meats, dairy, and some fat. I'd include some higher fat dairy (at least 2% mf) and also get lots of healthy fats (fish oil, flaxseed, olive oil). If you are thinking in terms of percentages, I would suggest 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fats.

    You won't need extra calories until second trimester IF your body fat percentage is at least 18%. If your bf percentage is lower, I would do the increase right away. Some people lose weight in first trimester due to loss of appetite or morning sickness. Once you get to 12 weeks pregnant, I would up by 300 calories. But you know what, I only counted calories a couple times while pregnant to see if I was on track.

    Also, if you gain weight quickly starting in the second trimester I wouldn't panic.. there were a couple months I gained 7 lbs, and at the end I gained a LOT. Well most of that weight turned out to be water weight.
    31-26-36.

    Mother of 3

    www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

    www.facebook.com/hotnfitcom

  3. #3
    Registered User PBanonymous's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 36
    Posts: 286
    Rep Power: 167
    PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PBanonymous is offline
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    I'd switch to maintenance once you begin trying. If you want to cut, do that before you begin trying. You need a balanced diet, lots of grains, fruits, vegetables (esp. green and leafy), meats, dairy, and some fat. I'd include some higher fat dairy (at least 2% mf) and also get lots of healthy fats (fish oil, flaxseed, olive oil). If you are thinking in terms of percentages, I would suggest 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fats.

    You won't need extra calories until second trimester IF your body fat percentage is at least 18%. If your bf percentage is lower, I would do the increase right away. Some people lose weight in first trimester due to loss of appetite or morning sickness. Once you get to 12 weeks pregnant, I would up by 300 calories. But you know what, I only counted calories a couple times while pregnant to see if I was on track.

    Also, if you gain weight quickly starting in the second trimester I wouldn't panic.. there were a couple months I gained 7 lbs, and at the end I gained a LOT. Well most of that weight turned out to be water weight.
    Thank u for replying. My diet already includes all of the healthy choices you listed above... I'm really excited that I'm already on the right track.

    Did you lift throughout your pregnancies? If so, I'd love to hear how it went! I plan on lifting through mine... if my dr ok's it, which I don't see why she wouldn't.

    Thanks again!
    Joy is the best makeup.

    Men, Please do not PM me looking to talk. I am happily engaged and am not looking for anything of the sort on here or anywhere.

  4. #4
    on a 9-month bulk Tiffany_P's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: New York, New York, United States
    Age: 40
    Posts: 2,595
    Rep Power: 2094
    Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tiffany_P is offline
    I'm trying to get pregnant right now, and honestly, even though I'm a few pounds heavier than I'd like to be, the thought of dieting right now is NOT appealing at all. I had the same thoughts as you that I'd like to be lean when I start trying, but it's REALLY hard to be motivated when you know you'll have to switch gears soon anyway. My plan right now is to eat and work out for my health. If you did want to diet while trying to conceive though, then stick with a very moderate deficit and not the most intense training schedule. When your body is under a lot of stress, conception can be difficult.

  5. #5
    Registered User PBanonymous's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 36
    Posts: 286
    Rep Power: 167
    PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PBanonymous is offline
    Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    I'm trying to get pregnant right now, and honestly, even though I'm a few pounds heavier than I'd like to be, the thought of dieting right now is NOT appealing at all. I had the same thoughts as you that I'd like to be lean when I start trying, but it's REALLY hard to be motivated when you know you'll have to switch gears soon anyway. My plan right now is to eat and work out for my health. If you did want to diet while trying to conceive though, then stick with a very moderate deficit and not the most intense training schedule. When your body is under a lot of stress, conception can be difficult.
    Oh Awesome! Congrats! (on trying!)... i just think this is all so exciting!! Good point about the moderate training schedule... I do know that stress hinders one's ability to conceive. We're going to start trying after new years... so I think I might start a very mild cut at that point - not too crazy though - and then switch over to maintainace once I am pregnant. I have a appointment with my dr. coming up in a couple weeks... so hopefully she'll be able to field more questions. Thanks!
    Joy is the best makeup.

    Men, Please do not PM me looking to talk. I am happily engaged and am not looking for anything of the sort on here or anywhere.

  6. #6
    Cailin Deas Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 58
    Posts: 19,102
    Rep Power: 3458
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eileen is offline
    While trying to get pregnant, eat well and make sure you are getting enough good fats. Recent studies in Ireland have found that at least one portion of full fat dairy a day improves fertility (as opposed to low fat dairy, which is sometimes associated with anovular infertility). Also make sure you are getting plenty of vitamin D. Take your folic acid and plenty of green veg.

    Once pregnant, go by your body. You may find that certain foods gross you out or even make you puke (I couldn't bear any green veg or anything with a smell my first pregnancy, I lived on breakfast food). Eat the best you can within those constraints. You'll undoubtedly get the long depressing list of things to avoid, so I won't mention them.

    You can continue to exercise, as long as you are guided by your body. You can also continue to lift, as long as you take changing center of gravity and loosening ligaments into account. Do not spend much time on your back, so things like floor crunches and bench press have to be sidelined in favour of the ab machine and the chest press.

    Aim for good health rather than a specific level of bodyfat. Sorry to tell you, but if you go into your pregnancy at a lower level of bodyfat then Nature thinks you need, you will spend the entire nine months starving and will put it on anyway. Remember, breastfeeding is a great way to get the fat sucked off afterwards, so don't obsess about it now.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

    http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

  7. #7
    Registered User PBanonymous's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 36
    Posts: 286
    Rep Power: 167
    PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PBanonymous is offline
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    While trying to get pregnant, eat well and make sure you are getting enough good fats. Recent studies in Ireland have found that at least one portion of full fat dairy a day improves fertility (as opposed to low fat dairy, which is sometimes associated with anovular infertility). Also make sure you are getting plenty of vitamin D. Take your folic acid and plenty of green veg.

    Once pregnant, go by your body. You may find that certain foods gross you out or even make you puke (I couldn't bear any green veg or anything with a smell my first pregnancy, I lived on breakfast food). Eat the best you can within those constraints. You'll undoubtedly get the long depressing list of things to avoid, so I won't mention them.

    You can continue to exercise, as long as you are guided by your body. You can also continue to lift, as long as you take changing center of gravity and loosening ligaments into account. Do not spend much time on your back, so things like floor crunches and bench press have to be sidelined in favour of the ab machine and the chest press.

    Aim for good health rather than a specific level of bodyfat. Sorry to tell you, but if you go into your pregnancy at a lower level of bodyfat then Nature thinks you need, you will spend the entire nine months starving and will put it on anyway. Remember, breastfeeding is a great way to get the fat sucked off afterwards, so don't obsess about it now.
    Thank u for the info! I love love love whole milk... so I'll put that in the daily food selection. YUM! Thanks! And I really am looking forward to nursing lbs away!
    Joy is the best makeup.

    Men, Please do not PM me looking to talk. I am happily engaged and am not looking for anything of the sort on here or anywhere.

  8. #8
    Registered User sacha2's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 366
    Rep Power: 1264
    sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    sacha2 is offline
    What you want to do during pregnancy and what actually happens can be 2 totally different things. As for trying to get pregnant- you can just continue what you are doing- but I wouldn't really see the point of "cutting". Just eat well and let the extra fat be there. Pregnancy is really not the time to care about it

    Prior to being pregnant, I ate the standard chicken/rice/veggies/greek yogurt, etc. type diet with perfect macros.

    NOW? I just ate 1/2 a piece of steak, 2 bowls of potato chips and a reeses bar for dinner. I haven't exercised in 4 weeks (if you get bleeding/spotting,your doctor will order you to stop). I'm about 2.5 months in. Not to mention you might puke your last night's dinner.

    Yes, after, I can go back to my "eating clean". But when you getting up 6 times a night to pee, can't stand the sight of a kitchen, etc. just get some food in your system.

    BOTTOM LINE- there will be only one (or a few) times in your life where you can gain a good 20-30lbs and look cute while doing. Enjoy it while it lasts. Be a crazy pregnant lady and just use it as a time to take a break from the mental work of "eating clean/cutting/bulking" etc.

  9. #9
    Registered User PBanonymous's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 36
    Posts: 286
    Rep Power: 167
    PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PBanonymous is offline
    Originally Posted by sacha2 View Post
    What you want to do during pregnancy and what actually happens can be 2 totally different things. As for trying to get pregnant- you can just continue what you are doing- but I wouldn't really see the point of "cutting". Just eat well and let the extra fat be there. Pregnancy is really not the time to care about it

    Prior to being pregnant, I ate the standard chicken/rice/veggies/greek yogurt, etc. type diet with perfect macros.

    NOW? I just ate 1/2 a piece of steak, 2 bowls of potato chips and a reeses bar for dinner. I haven't exercised in 4 weeks (if you get bleeding/spotting,your doctor will order you to stop). I'm about 2.5 months in. Not to mention you might puke your last night's dinner.

    Yes, after, I can go back to my "eating clean". But when you getting up 6 times a night to pee, can't stand the sight of a kitchen, etc. just get some food in your system.

    BOTTOM LINE- there will be only one (or a few) times in your life where you can gain a good 20-30lbs and look cute while doing. Enjoy it while it lasts. Be a crazy pregnant lady and just use it as a time to take a break from the mental work of "eating clean/cutting/bulking" etc.
    I completely understand what you are saying... I know that there is no way to know how I'll feel... I just don't want to (and won't let myself) gain tons and tons of weight. I don't see the need (nor is there a medical need) to put on 100 lbs with a singleton pregnancy. (which some women do). I just want to be as healthy as possible

    Thanks for replying! I appreciate your perspective
    Joy is the best makeup.

    Men, Please do not PM me looking to talk. I am happily engaged and am not looking for anything of the sort on here or anywhere.

  10. #10
    Registered User sacha2's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Posts: 366
    Rep Power: 1264
    sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000) sacha2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    sacha2 is offline
    I hear what you are saying, and it is certainly true that excess weight is not good for the baby and can lead to problems (I had an obese girlfriend who got gestational diabetes and it was terrible).

    I suppose what I mean to say is that it is ok to let loose with the meal plan. With the increased pressure on your stomach, you really can't eat much more than 6-8 tiny meals a day when you are in the throws of morning sickness. I have gained 1lb in the past 10 weeks (without vomiting). Just roll with it. When we are into weightlifting and eating well, it seems strange to not count calories or track macros. Your body won't be able to consume a large amount of food like (how do I say this politely - the average obese person?), it sort of regulates yourself.

    My theory is - trust your body - it was made for producing babies, above all else. It knows what to do.

    I'm with Eileen, haven't touched a green veg in one month. Can't do it. Too gross. I used to be vegan and loved alll veggies.
    Last edited by sacha2; 10-24-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: edit

  11. #11
    Banned Emma-Leigh's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: NSW, Australia
    Posts: 16,110
    Rep Power: 0
    Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Emma-Leigh is offline
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    While trying to get pregnant, eat well and make sure you are getting enough good fats. Recent studies in Ireland have found that at least one portion of full fat dairy a day improves fertility (as opposed to low fat dairy, which is sometimes associated with anovular infertility). Also make sure you are getting plenty of vitamin D. Take your folic acid and plenty of green veg.

    Once pregnant, go by your body. You may find that certain foods gross you out or even make you puke (I couldn't bear any green veg or anything with a smell my first pregnancy, I lived on breakfast food). Eat the best you can within those constraints. You'll undoubtedly get the long depressing list of things to avoid, so I won't mention them.

    You can continue to exercise, as long as you are guided by your body. You can also continue to lift, as long as you take changing center of gravity and loosening ligaments into account. Do not spend much time on your back, so things like floor crunches and bench press have to be sidelined in favour of the ab machine and the chest press.

    Aim for good health rather than a specific level of bodyfat. Sorry to tell you, but if you go into your pregnancy at a lower level of bodyfat then Nature thinks you need, you will spend the entire nine months starving and will put it on anyway. Remember, breastfeeding is a great way to get the fat sucked off afterwards, so don't obsess about it now.
    ^
    This.

    I would also add in ensuring sufficient calcium, iron and EPA/DHA.... And monitor to make sure vitamin A intake is adequate but not excessive.

    Probiotics are also showing excellent evidence in regards to impacting on the health of bubs and mums during pregnancy - so look into supplements with these as well.

    For other things: while trying to get pregnant and while pregnant and breastfeeding monitor your intake of fish and seafood (canned tuna especially so) - as this is when mercury content is important to limit. And during pregnancy soft cheeses and cold deli meats are also a no go due to listeria concerns.

    Oh.... and in terms of extra calorie requirements - it is actually not that much more than your baseline (about 200 cals during trimester two and about 300-500 in trimester three)... [DAMN! ]... But many people end up getting massive hypo attacks too - so lots of snacking is usually the best way to go (helps prevent the reflux issue too)!


    For exercise - there is a range of issues that will need to be addressed in the different phases... and in addition to the above advice about position and not lying on your back etc there are a few things regarding monitoring your blood pressure and heart rate too.. because once you get past a certain gestation you need to be careful about these things...

  12. #12
    Registered User aussiemommy's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Australia
    Age: 42
    Posts: 225
    Rep Power: 177
    aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    aussiemommy is offline
    I was really fit when I got pregnant, though admittedly not anywhere near 15% body fat when I fell pregnant (with polycystic ovaries I might add, and it only took one month of trying!) At a guess I suppose I was probably about 20% body fat.

    I think it is important to get fats when trying to fall pregnant, they're important in hormone production.

    When I was pregnant I ate healthy and swam every other day, and I didn't put on ANY extra body fat (I had a little bit to start with, not heaps though). Honestly, I didn't eat any more calories than before (though I wasn't counting calories). Some people see pregnancy as an excuse to pig out......this was not me...I didn't want to have a tonne of weight to lose after having the baby.

    I was determined not to become huge when pregnant, and I achieved that, whilst still being healthy. And my son was born at 42 weeks (2 weeks overdue), weighing in at 9lb10oz.

    This was me, 1 week overdue:
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...G41weeks02.jpg

  13. #13
    Cailin Deas Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 58
    Posts: 19,102
    Rep Power: 3458
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eileen is offline
    If you find you do get very sick, then frozen grapes or isotonic drinks are great. They'll give you a window of not feeling so sick where you can eat something nutritious without wanting to puke.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

    http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

  14. #14
    Registered User PBanonymous's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 36
    Posts: 286
    Rep Power: 167
    PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PBanonymous is offline
    Originally Posted by sacha2 View Post
    I hear what you are saying, and it is certainly true that excess weight is not good for the baby and can lead to problems (I had an obese girlfriend who got gestational diabetes and it was terrible).

    I suppose what I mean to say is that it is ok to let loose with the meal plan. With the increased pressure on your stomach, you really can't eat much more than 6-8 tiny meals a day when you are in the throws of morning sickness. I have gained 1lb in the past 10 weeks (without vomiting). Just roll with it. When we are into weightlifting and eating well, it seems strange to not count calories or track macros. Your body won't be able to consume a large amount of food like (how do I say this politely - the average obese person?), it sort of regulates yourself.

    My theory is - trust your body - it was made for producing babies, above all else. It knows what to do.

    I'm with Eileen, haven't touched a green veg in one month. Can't do it. Too gross. I used to be vegan and loved alll veggies.


    Thanks! I really appreciate your reply. I do think that our mindset before and during pregnancy is different than the average woman who doesn't workout or pay attention to what she eats. Thanks for all the advice...
    Joy is the best makeup.

    Men, Please do not PM me looking to talk. I am happily engaged and am not looking for anything of the sort on here or anywhere.

  15. #15
    Registered User PBanonymous's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 36
    Posts: 286
    Rep Power: 167
    PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PBanonymous is offline
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    ^
    This.

    I would also add in ensuring sufficient calcium, iron and EPA/DHA.... And monitor to make sure vitamin A intake is adequate but not excessive.

    Probiotics are also showing excellent evidence in regards to impacting on the health of bubs and mums during pregnancy - so look into supplements with these as well.

    For other things: while trying to get pregnant and while pregnant and breastfeeding monitor your intake of fish and seafood (canned tuna especially so) - as this is when mercury content is important to limit. And during pregnancy soft cheeses and cold deli meats are also a no go due to listeria concerns.

    Oh.... and in terms of extra calorie requirements - it is actually not that much more than your baseline (about 200 cals during trimester two and about 300-500 in trimester three)... [DAMN! ]... But many people end up getting massive hypo attacks too - so lots of snacking is usually the best way to go (helps prevent the reflux issue too)!


    For exercise - there is a range of issues that will need to be addressed in the different phases... and in addition to the above advice about position and not lying on your back etc there are a few things regarding monitoring your blood pressure and heart rate too.. because once you get past a certain gestation you need to be careful about these things...
    Thanks! It's going to be an interesting journey for sure. I always thought it was interesting that the extra calorie needs are as low as they are. SO many women say they are eating for two (and nearly double their calorie intake)!

    I eat greek yogurt and drink KEFIR right now.. so that should take care of my probiotics. I'm also going to be switcing to Prenatal Vitamins in the next month (I have my first dr's appointment to talk about alllll of these things in November )

    Thanks for your advice !!
    Joy is the best makeup.

    Men, Please do not PM me looking to talk. I am happily engaged and am not looking for anything of the sort on here or anywhere.

  16. #16
    Registered User PBanonymous's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Age: 36
    Posts: 286
    Rep Power: 167
    PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) PBanonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PBanonymous is offline
    Originally Posted by FitAussieMum View Post
    I was really fit when I got pregnant, though admittedly not anywhere near 15% body fat when I fell pregnant (with polycystic ovaries I might add, and it only took one month of trying!) At a guess I suppose I was probably about 20% body fat.

    I think it is important to get fats when trying to fall pregnant, they're important in hormone production.

    When I was pregnant I ate healthy and swam every other day, and I didn't put on ANY extra body fat (I had a little bit to start with, not heaps though). Honestly, I didn't eat any more calories than before (though I wasn't counting calories). Some people see pregnancy as an excuse to pig out......this was not me...I didn't want to have a tonne of weight to lose after having the baby.

    I was determined not to become huge when pregnant, and I achieved that, whilst still being healthy. And my son was born at 42 weeks (2 weeks overdue), weighing in at 9lb10oz.

    This was me, 1 week overdue:
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...G41weeks02.jpg
    AHHH! you loooked AMAZING! my idol! I love your mindset and really really am hoping to be able to do the same thing.

    Thanks for the info
    Joy is the best makeup.

    Men, Please do not PM me looking to talk. I am happily engaged and am not looking for anything of the sort on here or anywhere.

  17. #17
    Cailin Deas Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 58
    Posts: 19,102
    Rep Power: 3458
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eileen is offline
    Originally Posted by FitAussieMum View Post
    Wow, I looked like the back of a bus at that stage, and I'm scared to say what I weighed. But i got back to myself in a reasonable amount of time.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

    http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

  18. #18
    Cailin Deas Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 58
    Posts: 19,102
    Rep Power: 3458
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eileen is offline
    Originally Posted by mortician83 View Post
    Thanks! It's going to be an interesting journey for sure. I always thought it was interesting that the extra calorie needs are as low as they are. SO many women say they are eating for two (and nearly double their calorie intake)!

    I eat greek yogurt and drink KEFIR right now.. so that should take care of my probiotics. I'm also going to be switcing to Prenatal Vitamins in the next month (I have my first dr's appointment to talk about alllll of these things in November )

    Thanks for your advice !!
    My personal theory on this is that your body knows what it needs, and if you are not eating food that supplies those needs, it will make you ravenously hungry until you do eat it. If you mostly eat good quality food, you will get hungry, but not the "I want to eat the entire stock of McDonalds" hungry.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

    http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

  19. #19
    Registered User aussiemommy's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Australia
    Age: 42
    Posts: 225
    Rep Power: 177
    aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    aussiemommy is offline
    Originally Posted by mortician83 View Post
    AHHH! you loooked AMAZING! my idol! I love your mindset and really really am hoping to be able to do the same thing.

    Thanks for the info
    Aww, thanks, I don't think I've ever been anyone's idol before...lol! It is totally do-able, I think that you're already half way there by thinking ahead about it before you're even pregnant. The great thing about staying in relatively good shape whilst pregnant is that recovery post birth is so quick, and it actually (supposedly) makes for an easier labour/delivery. I got to 4cm dilated without any pain (was at home during that prelabour stage, didn't even know I was dilating!). Then when I got to hospital it was about 7.5 hours from go to whoa, not too bad really.

    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    My personal theory on this is that your body knows what it needs, and if you are not eating food that supplies those needs, it will make you ravenously hungry until you do eat it. If you mostly eat good quality food, you will get hungry, but not the "I want to eat the entire stock of McDonalds" hungry.
    I agree, it will tell you what you need through cravings. I was a bit strange, I didn't have any specific food cravings. However, since I was heavily pregnant in the heat of our summer (Feb in Australia), I got a strange hankering for iced water. I would fill a glass with ice, pour in water, drink the water then crunch away on each iceblock one by one. It drove my husband nuts listening to me crunch away on ice...lol. But as soon as my son was born, I had no desire whatsoever for the ice. Really strange!

  20. #20
    Team Divine dvsness's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
    Posts: 22,453
    Rep Power: 54712
    dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dvsness is offline
    I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant. I was in my offseason when we conceived, and I honestly have not limited my diet. As a competitor I have dealt with severe restriction and I wasn't about to apply that ideology to my pregnancy. I take each day as it comes. I eat what I want, while making sure I get enough protein and veggies. I don't deny myself anything (other than sushi, caffeine and unpasteurized cheese, lol).

    I was completely unable to stomach chicken at all for the first months. Now I can eat it, but it must be 'hidden' somehow... breaded, etc. I still cannot handle or prepare raw chicken or I'll be in danger of throwing up. Before this I ate 6-7 meals a day, usually 2-3 of them included plain grilled or baked chicken. I also have the strange desire to dip everything in maple syrup, including steak and jalepenos. Trust me, you cannot plan for the dietary fluctuations that pregnancy can offer.

    While I have lost some muscle due to not lifting heavy (I went from DL'ing 225 lbs for reps to now tinkering with 10 lb dbs and an occasional yoga class), I haven't gone to sh*t without limiting myself. I have gained 15 lbs though I swear at least 5 of that is in my boobs.

    Enjoy the journey once you conceive, and don't try to micro-manage it all.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

    Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

  21. #21
    Registered User medusa11's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: Manitoba, Canada
    Posts: 3,083
    Rep Power: 10935
    medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) medusa11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    medusa11 is offline
    frozen grapes... didn't even think of that. I was/am really worried about gaining to much, as a result I have been banned from all cardio save a walk around the block and super slack training 3x a week till I hit 15 weeks. not sure if this is common but I sure hadent expected it. I had no prob getting pergnant during a cut phase but I carry more fat than many of you, was around 24% and refuse to even think about it now. Messes with the head.

  22. #22
    Registered User smdiskin's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Age: 47
    Posts: 1,049
    Rep Power: 419
    smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smdiskin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    smdiskin is offline
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant. I was in my offseason when we conceived, and I honestly have not limited my diet. As a competitor I have dealt with severe restriction and I wasn't about to apply that ideology to my pregnancy. I take each day as it comes. I eat what I want, while making sure I get enough protein and veggies. I don't deny myself anything (other than sushi, caffeine and unpasteurized cheese, lol).

    I was completely unable to stomach chicken at all for the first months. Now I can eat it, but it must be 'hidden' somehow... breaded, etc. I still cannot handle or prepare raw chicken or I'll be in danger of throwing up. Before this I ate 6-7 meals a day, usually 2-3 of them included plain grilled or baked chicken. I also have the strange desire to dip everything in maple syrup, including steak and jalepenos. Trust me, you cannot plan for the dietary fluctuations that pregnancy can offer.

    While I have lost some muscle due to not lifting heavy (I went from DL'ing 225 lbs for reps to now tinkering with 10 lb dbs and an occasional yoga class), I haven't gone to sh*t without limiting myself. I have gained 15 lbs though I swear at least 5 of that is in my boobs.

    Enjoy the journey once you conceive, and don't try to micro-manage it all.
    Sorry... just had to comment... sounds a bit like me last year...
    Congrats... and good luck with the baby... hope yours is as nice as mine is... he arrived 2 months early on the 27th Oct... in perfect shape ready to take on the world...
    And just in case anyone is wondering... the early arrival of baby had nothing to do with my exercise regime...
    I just can't believe how much muscle mass I lost (and how much of the chubby stuff seems to have just arrived... even though I was below pre-pregnancy weight in less than a month)... but it's coming back... and being fit throughout was good for both baby and me....
    to OP... good luck ...
    Getting there slowly.... and slowlier

    OK... so all my stats are rubbish at the moment...


    DL - 220lbs.... finally... still aiming for 330....

  23. #23
    Team Divine dvsness's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
    Posts: 22,453
    Rep Power: 54712
    dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dvsness is offline
    Originally Posted by smdiskin View Post
    Sorry... just had to comment... sounds a bit like me last year...
    Congrats... and good luck with the baby... hope yours is as nice as mine is... he arrived 2 months early on the 27th Oct... in perfect shape ready to take on the world...
    And just in case anyone is wondering... the early arrival of baby had nothing to do with my exercise regime...
    I just can't believe how much muscle mass I lost (and how much of the chubby stuff seems to have just arrived... even though I was below pre-pregnancy weight in less than a month)... but it's coming back... and being fit throughout was good for both baby and me....
    to OP... good luck ...
    Aw, congrats on your new baby Scorpio!
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

    Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

  24. #24
    Team Divine dvsness's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
    Posts: 22,453
    Rep Power: 54712
    dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dvsness is offline
    Some more inspiration on what can be done -

    These are pics of IFBB Pro Linda Fodor. She did not train at all during her pregnancy, and these are her abs 7 months after giving birth!

    http://siouxcountry.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=29
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

    Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

  25. #25
    Registered User AngelaV's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Age: 48
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    AngelaV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    AngelaV is offline
    Originally Posted by mortician83 View Post
    what do you do as far as diet is concerned?

    My fiance and I are starting a family next year and I was wondering about diet while trying to get pregnant and once I get pregnant. **note: I do not want this post to turn into Please consult your doctor. I KNOW! but my doctor isn't a bodybuilder... nor does she understand cut phase/bulk phase.***

    That being said. I am bulking right now. Would it make sense to begin cutting when we begin trying? (the logic being that I would have minimul fat when I start my pregnancy) Then once pregnant would it be like bulking? Because you do consume about 200 calories more per day. Anyone have any advice? Thanks ladies!
    I would be careful cutting, because it can affect your fertility. If you cut your calories too much or exercise too much, your body will say, "Hey, we can't support a baby right now! We're just trying to survive!"

    Also, I will say that my two pregnancies were different, but I gained 40 pounds with each one. With my first, I didn't restrict my diet too much. I was also exercising a bit. With the second pregnancy, I wasn't exercising and was still fairly unrestricted in my diet and gained 40 pounds. I've read, and it's been my experience, that you gain what you need to gain to support your pregnancy, regardless of what you eat or what exercise you get.

    Enjoy your pregnancy and eat what you feel you need or want. It's the ONLY time in your life you can gain weight unapologetically. If you're on this board, you obviously take care of yourself and care about yourself, so the weight will come off after the baby is born and you get back to your regular routine.

  26. #26
    Registered User Jrzimmer's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: United States
    Age: 37
    Posts: 344
    Rep Power: 190
    Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jrzimmer is offline

    not to thread jack.. sorry op

    i just got done with my figure comp last week, came in at 10% BF and working on putting some weight back on.. 10 last week just in letting loose hehe, my question is at what % do bodies typically become able to conceive? i'm going on 2-3 months w no flow and no BC since august. Been pretty hormonal lately so i think my body's starting to regulate thing again. Thanks in advance.
    Motivation. Dedication. Inspiration. ~ Three words to live by.


    There comes a point in your life when you realize
    who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will..
    So, don't worry about people from your past, there?s a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

  27. #27
    Cailin Deas Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Ireland
    Age: 58
    Posts: 19,102
    Rep Power: 3458
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eileen is offline
    This varies from person to person, but at the very least, you should have regular periods. Check your mucus (sorry if TMI) for texture: clear and like lightly set jelly is a good sign that you are ovulating.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

    http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

  28. #28
    Registered User Jrzimmer's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: United States
    Age: 37
    Posts: 344
    Rep Power: 190
    Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jrzimmer is offline
    lol! no worries, i asked haha. never thought or knew about that so I'll keep an eye out for that. thank u!
    Motivation. Dedication. Inspiration. ~ Three words to live by.


    There comes a point in your life when you realize
    who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will..
    So, don't worry about people from your past, there?s a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

  29. #29
    Registered User Laaaren03's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 71
    Rep Power: 164
    Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Laaaren03 is offline
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant. I was in my offseason when we conceived, and I honestly have not limited my diet. As a competitor I have dealt with severe restriction and I wasn't about to apply that ideology to my pregnancy. I take each day as it comes. I eat what I want, while making sure I get enough protein and veggies. I don't deny myself anything (other than sushi, caffeine and unpasteurized cheese, lol).

    I was completely unable to stomach chicken at all for the first months. Now I can eat it, but it must be 'hidden' somehow... breaded, etc. I still cannot handle or prepare raw chicken or I'll be in danger of throwing up. Before this I ate 6-7 meals a day, usually 2-3 of them included plain grilled or baked chicken. I also have the strange desire to dip everything in maple syrup, including steak and jalepenos. Trust me, you cannot plan for the dietary fluctuations that pregnancy can offer.

    While I have lost some muscle due to not lifting heavy (I went from DL'ing 225 lbs for reps to now tinkering with 10 lb dbs and an occasional yoga class), I haven't gone to sh*t without limiting myself. I have gained 15 lbs though I swear at least 5 of that is in my boobs.

    Enjoy the journey once you conceive, and don't try to micro-manage it all.
    I love hearing about the balance that women competitors can have. Balance has been a struggle for me in my life of competiting. For me it's all or nothing. My husband and I began try to concieve beginning December. No luck in our first month but I also just started getting my cycle back as my body fat was too low. It seems I have a regular cycle now but my biggest struggles are maintaining balance in my training and diet because for me I always want to go bigger. I never seem to be satisfied. Any tips in this area as we are about to embark on beginning a family?
    L.A. (Lauren Allen)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

  30. #30
    Registered User Laaaren03's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 71
    Rep Power: 164
    Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Laaaren03 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jrzimmer View Post
    lol! no worries, i asked haha. never thought or knew about that so I'll keep an eye out for that. thank u!
    I actually have been practicing this. Read taking charge of your fertitlity. I've used it as a birth control method and bee successful for 3 years with it. Now we are trying for the other spectrum.
    L.A. (Lauren Allen)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

Similar Threads

  1. Supplements while trying to get pregnant?
    By michianderson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 03:59 PM
  2. Trying to get bigger and in shape?
    By JuicyJ in forum Sports Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
  3. Trying to get faster and strong..Check this out
    By mikemar1900 in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 12:52 PM
  4. hey im trying to get bigger and lose fat at teh same time
    By studbody54 in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 12:00 PM
  5. What's Your Cardio Of Choice When Trying To Get Lean???
    By Texas Ranger in forum Losing Fat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
www.000webhost.com